Friday, January 22, 2010

sunshine


I eat sunshine
spit the seeds into the
gutters
devour the blocks in shoes
not made for heavy walking

I smile when the dogs bark
(it is rare)
I smile even louder
pull threads of awareness
from my shirt
draw imaginary doors
in the sky

walk thru them and disappear

life is a thrift store that I
am inside of
browsing the shirts, pants
bald heads of mannequins
with chips in their plastic flesh

meat grinders
stereos with one speaker
and a broken tape deck
suits with no
bottoms
pots with no
tops

dust
dust
dust
old paperbacks and
the many shoes of the dead

I purchase nothing
it is good to abstain sometimes
it is better to be hungry,
lonely, sober and
wanting

it keeps a man moving forward

I step back into the street
grabbing the sound of passing cars
with both fists
trying not
to let go

No comments:

Post a Comment